Built for stealth and speed, these units were both feared and admired during the Last War. Their gracefully arched profile and long ears earned them the nickname "Anubot". Efficient single unit snipers, they did not need a spotter as their secondary eyes and ear units were designed to measure wind, distance, earth curve and projectile arc while the primary eyes focused on their target. Their long cable bundle tails serve as a cat-like counterbalance and as a tool to interface with other machines. Quiet and reserved, they have not taken to their decommissioned life as easily as the Robodogman units they served with. Some still wander, trying to find their place in a new world....
(Modern kukri graciously provided by Josh Eamon @monstertruckdriver01)
THIS IS A PRE-ORDER. It will take 3-8 weeks for me to fulfill your order. Please read my policy page and the mask care page for more details on ordering and policy.
Any information about shipping status, production delays or anything else customers need to know will be updated in the news section. Please refer to this before inquiring about an order you placed: http://missmonster.myshopify.com/blogs/news
-Please order to your current, correct address. If you may be moving soon, please have it sent to a friend. I cannot send a mask to an address that is different from the one included in your order.
-This is a limited run. While i will produce batches of DIY Anubot kits after the pre-order is over, it will be limited.
-The photos of the finished mask is just to show what can be done.
- I will be offering finished, ready to wear versions of this mask. They will be posted to the store as they are completed and a 24 hour heads up will be posted in advance on my social media
- This is for a Anubot helmet kit that includes one (1) top head, one (1) bottom jaw and two (2) ears. I will include jaw hinges for this PRE-ORDER only!
- These will take work to finish. The eye holes will come opened, but the buyer will need to sand/remove the flash edges, fill any small surface air bubbles and assemble.
- Vision for this mask is through the rectangular tear ducts by the lower eyes. Buyer can also elect to leave the primary eye open with a screen to conceal the wearers eyes, or install visor film so that vision is only darkened but not impaired there. Buyer can also extend the length of the tear duct opening by customizing it's length with a dremel.
- I strongly recommend that the buyer have familiarity with finishing masks, models, props or some crafting knowledge. This is not a beginner project.
- A plastic nipper, a rasp , sandpaper or a dremel can be used to refine edges.You can even use carving tools. Here is a little more detailed info. Buyer should add foam to the inside of the mask once it is finished to customize the fit. Elastic straps will make it stay on your head. Some craft/paint/kit building knowledge is recommended. I cannot provide build help beyond the info included here and in links provided.
- Please be sure to provide the correct address when placing your order, all orders will be shipped to the address im provided with and cannot be changed after the order is placed. I will have to cancel your order and ask you to re-order with the correct one. No exceptions, sorry!
- There are no refunds on pre-orders.
- Please do not buy a mask if any of the above is an issue!
- You will receive a BLANK white urethane mask kit . The finished photos are just an example of what the mask can look like when completed.
- Once sanding/finishing is complete the mask can be primed with any spray primer and painted with acrylics or whatever you prefer. Wash your mask with dish soap first to remove any oils or dirt. Seal with clear coat to prevent scuffs after painting.
- While there is no industry standard for handmade urethane mask thickness, i try to keep a good balance of durability and a light weight. Buyer may add to any thin spots with lightweight putty or subtract any thickness with a dremel or carving tool. Everyone has a personal preference for how thick/thin they want their mask and there is no way to predict this preference between individuals.
- Elastic bands can be used for straps. Please be sure to roughen or "score" the inside part of the mask where the straps will attach. This will help the adhesive stick properly.
- This urethane is sensitive to heat. Please keep it out of direct sunlight as it can warp under it's own weight when hot. If the mask does not fit, It can be heat shaped by immersing it in very hot water and shaping gently while soft. You can also use a heat gun or heat in the oven at around 175 degrees for a few minutes. Set the shape you want by immersing the warm mask in cold water or leaving on an upturned bowl or object to hold the shape while it cools.
- This is a project that should be attempted by adults or under adult supervision. Please read all safety warnings on materials you use. I am not responsible for any injuries sustained while customizing these masks.
-This mask fits most faces but a perfect fit is not guaranteed. Cannot be worn with glasses.
- Do not use this as safety equipment or a welding mask or anything else but costuming. Use common sense, please. I am not responsible for injuries sustained through improper use of this mask.
By purchasing this you acknowledge that you have read and agree with the shop's policy page and have read and agree to comply with all of the information on this page.
Do not store your Anubot mask with its cheeks touching the ground ( table?) until you have reinforced the inside with putty or another durable material -especially in a hot environment. You risk warping the piece as shown! It can be heated and bent back but just a heads up!
choosing a selection results in a full page refresh