Just use some clear epoxy glue to glue the back of the cabochon to the speaker cloth. Mix the glue and then mash the back of the glass down to the cloth until air bubbles squeeze out. Glue the cloth and eye to the back of the mask's eye hole. Your vision will be through the speaker cloth in the tear duct corner of the eyes. Be sure to trim the eye holes accordingly! The speaker cloth will significantly darken and obscure your vision so please be careful.
If you want the metallic effect, paint the back of the glass with a metallic acrylic, glass paint or marker paint and glue as normal once the paint is dry.
- This is for one (1) cast white urethane unpainted, unfinished mask. The eye holes will be dremeled open but buyer will need to refine the edges and the tear duct shape.
- These are produced one at a time in my own studio. The buyer will need to sand/remove the flash edges, fill any small surface air bubbles, reinforce areas and heat to shape the mask to fit their own face if needed.
- I recommend using a strip of vertical foam between the eyes and up the forehead to fill out the back of the mask so it sits on your head properly. Otherwise if you use the black out cloth your eyes will be mushed against the back of the cloth and won't be super fun.
- Elastic straps can be attached with high heat hot glue, epoxy or other strong adhesive. Clamp while curing /drying to secure the bond better. Score ( roughen) the inside mask's surface before gluing.
- A plastic nipper, a rasp , sandpaper or a dremel can be used to refine edges. Here is a little more detailed info. Buyer can add soft cloth lining to the inside for comfort. Some craft/paint/kit building knowledge is recommended. I cannot provide build help beyond the info included here and in links provided.
- Please be sure to provide the correct address when placing your order, all orders will be shipped to the address im provided with and cannot be changed after the order is placed. No exceptions, sorry!
- There are no refunds on pre-orders.
- Please do not buy a mask if any of the above is an issue!
- You will receive a BLANK white urethane mask. The finished photos are just an example of what the mask can look like when completed.
- This is not a piece of safety equipment, this is a wearable prop. Please use common sense.
- This mask can be primed with any spray primer ( auto or otherwise) and painted with acrylics or whatever you prefer. Seal with clear coat to prevent scuffs after painting.
- This urethane is sensitive to heat. Please keep it out of direct sunlight as it can warp under it's own weight when hot.
-If the mask does not fit, It can be heat shaped by immersing it in very hot water and shaping gently while soft. You can also use a heat gun or heat in the oven at around 175 degrees for a few minutes. Set the shape you want by immersing the warm mask in cold water or leaving on an upturned bowl or object to hold the shape while it cools.
- This is a project that should be attempted by adults or under adult supervision. Please read all safety warnings on materials you use. I am not responsible for any injuries sustained while customizing these masks.
-This mask fits most faces but a perfect fit is not guaranteed.
- Do not use this as safety equipment or a welding mask or anything else but costuming. I am not responsible for injuries sustained through improper use of this mask.
By purchasing this you acknowledge that you have read and agree with the shop's policy page and have read and agree to comply with all of the information on this page.
choosing a selection results in a full page refresh