Eyes and flash should be dremeled off. You will get one of the masks pictured!
‘Made up of the original engineers of the robotic technology that produced such creations as the Robodogs and other cyborgs, The Chophounds are scavengers of the advanced tech of the Wastes. Each member hides their face while out on scrap reclamation to obscure their identity and to intimidate. Their unknown identities while "on duty" allows them to move unmasked within the Wastes as regular survivors without being harassed for their knowledge or rare and very valuable equipment. These engineers want to fix the mess they feel they had a hand in but need to do so without interruption or interference from outsiders who may get in the way of restorative plans that will take generations to unfold. Chophounds are also made up of children and apprentices who are being taught to use the recovered tech, all living in a single community ( location unknown). “
If you want to hinge the jaw, cut along the teeth using a heat gun to soften the plastic and an x-acto knife to carefully slice through ( I recommend a dremel for this thicker batch!) . You may need to sand and then resculpt a few small areas using epoxy putty after cutting. You can then make or buy mask hinges , a chicago screw set and elastic . Use the tutorial here to see how to do this or just search "resin blank hinging tutorial" to find stuff likethis!
Buyers will receive a fulfillment notification through the email provided at purchase once the mask has been packed. A tracking number will be sent once the mask is on the way!
- This is for one (1) cast white urethane unpainted, unfinished mask. The eye holes will be dremeled open but buyer will need to refine the edges and the tear duct shape.
- These are produced one at a time in my own studio. The buyer will need to sand/remove the flash edges, fill any small surface air bubbles, reinforce areas and heat to shape the mask to fit their own face if needed.
- Elastic straps can be attached with high heat hot glue, epoxy or other strong adhesive. Clamp while curing /drying to secure the bond better. Score ( roughen) the inside mask's surface before gluing.
- A plastic nipper, a rasp , sandpaper or a dremel can be used to refine edges. Here is a little more detailed info. Buyer can add soft cloth lining to the inside for comfort. Some craft/paint/kit building knowledge is recommended. I cannot provide build help beyond the info included here and in links provided.
- Please be sure to provide the correct address when placing your order, all orders will be shipped to the address im provided with and cannot be changed after the order is placed. No exceptions, sorry!
- There are no refunds on pre-orders.
- Please do not buy a mask if any of the above is an issue!
- You will receive a BLANK white urethane mask. The finished photos are just an example of what the mask can look like when completed.
- This is not a piece of safety equipment, this is a wearable prop. Please use common sense.
- This mask can be primed with any spray primer ( auto or otherwise) and painted with acrylics or whatever you prefer. Seal with clear coat to prevent scuffs after painting.
- This urethane is sensitive to heat. Please keep it out of direct sunlight as it can warp under it's own weight when hot.
-If the mask does not fit, It can be heat shaped by immersing it in very hot water and shaping gently while soft. You can also use a heat gun or heat in the oven at around 175 degrees for a few minutes. Set the shape you want by immersing the warm mask in cold water or leaving on an upturned bowl or object to hold the shape while it cools.
- This is a project that should be attempted by adults or under adult supervision. Please read all safety warnings on materials you use. I am not responsible for any injuries sustained while customizing these masks.
-This mask fits most faces but a perfect fit is not guaranteed.
- Do not use this as safety equipment or a welding mask or anything else but costuming. I am not responsible for injuries sustained through improper use of this mask.
By purchasing this you acknowledge that you have read and agree with the shop's policy page and have read and agree to comply with all of the information on this page.
choosing a selection results in a full page refresh