Follow me on Twitter @missmonstermel
Mask Care + Info
DIY OWL MASK - GLOW IN THE DARK BLANK
These blank owl masks are cast in white urethane that glows a BRIGHT teal after a short charge in sunlight or blacklight. What!
I have a few of these cast and ready to ship but some will take an extra week to produce. I am only offering a small number of this glow in the dark version.
PLEASE read everything here carefully! Here is some info on what to expect from a pre-order:
- Why am i remaking this mask? Read this:
-Please order to your current, correct address. If you may be moving soon, please have it sent to a friend. I cannot send a mask to an address that is different from the one included in your order. If you need an address changed i will have to cancel the order and ask you to re-order- this might cause you to lose your place or miss out if these sell out quickly!
-This is a limited run. Only a certain number of blank masks will be made. Once the edition is sold out, it is gone forever.
- No returns. I am not a bank, please do not commit to buying and then ask for a refund if you get hard up for cash.
-The photos of the finished mask is just to show what can be done.
You will receive a white , unpainted mask.
- Painted, ready to wear masks will be available as they are completed. No pre-orders for painted versions this time!
- If you would like to make the eyes as seen in photos, you can find stereo speaker cloth here:
1 3/8" (35mm) clear cabochons can be found
- This is for one (1) cast white urethane unpainted, unfinished mask. The eye holes will come opened.
- These are produced one at a time in my own studio. The buyer will need to sand/remove the flash edges, fill any small surface air bubbles, reinforce areas and heat to shape the mask to fit their own face if needed.
- I recommend using a strip of vertical foam between the eyes and up the forehead to fill out the back of the mask so it sits on your head properly. Otherwise if you use the black out cloth your eyes will be mushed against the back of the cloth and won't be super fun.
- Elastic straps can be attached with high heat hot glue, epoxy or other strong adhesive. Clamp while curing /drying to secure the bond better. Score ( roughen) the mask's surface before gluing.
- A plastic
, sandpaper or a dremel can be used to refine edges.
Here is a little more detailed info
. Buyer can add soft cloth lining to the inside for comfort.
Some craft/paint/kit building knowledge is recommended. I cannot provide build help beyond the info included here and in links provided.
- Please be sure to provide the correct address when placing your order, all orders will be shipped to the address im provided with and
cannot be changed
after the order is placed. No exceptions, sorry!
- There are no refunds on pre-orders.
- Please do not buy a mask if any of the above is an issue!
- If you want any more info on buying from my shop please go through the FAQ/policy page in my shop:
- You will receive a BLANK white urethane mask. The finished photos are just an example of what the mask can look like when completed.
- This is not a piece of safety equipment, this is a wearable prop. Please use common sense.
- This mask can be primed with any spray primer ( auto or otherwise) and painted with acrylics or whatever you prefer. Seal with clear coat to prevent scuffs after painting.
- This urethane is sensitive to heat. Please keep it out of direct sunlight as it can warp under it's own weight when hot.
If the mask does not fit, It can be heat shaped by immersing it in very hot water and shaping gently while soft
. You can also use a heat gun or heat in the oven at around 175 degrees for a few minutes. Set the shape you want by immersing the warm mask in cold water or leaving on an upturned bowl or object to hold the shape while it cools.
- This is a project that should be attempted by adults or under adult supervision. Please read all safety warnings on materials you use. I am not responsible for any injuries sustained while customizing these masks.
-This mask fits most faces but a perfect fit is not guaranteed.
- Do not use this as safety equipment or a welding mask or anything else but costuming. Please don't make dumb choices with this. I am not responsible for injuries sustained through improper use of this mask.
I realize that i cannot control what people do with my masks but i can at least state some boundaries:
-Feel free to resell blank masks you purchased from me that you have painted and finished ! Feel free to resell any finished masks you have purchased from me. Charge whatever you want, if you make a profit that's great. I only ask for the courtesy of crediting me for the original sculpt in the posting or store listing.
-If you use a mask base of mine for a portfolio piece posted online or in print for your
individual or company promotion i must insist that i get a courtesy credit for the base sculpt. Hobby is one thing, but company/pros are another- crediting others is a basic professional courtesy.
-Please do not recast these or remake/mimic my current or older designs for your own profit.
-Feel free to create original characters around my mask designs! Make art of them, go for it! I would love to see the artwork! :)
By purchasing this you acknowledge that you have read and agree with the
shop's policy page
and have read and agree to comply with all of the information on this page.
(click to enlarge)
Ecommerce Software by Shopify
© 2017 missmonster.